Server Consolidation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Consolidation

I was doing the rounds of games today and noticed LoTRO has started its server consolidation. Our server - Elendilmir - is one of the servers being closed.

Anyway, based on this https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...t-Our-New-Home! I moved to Arkenstone and the guild (not players) came with me O_O

No idea what stayed on the old server but my alts aren't in the guild on the new server - only Jehira who I dont actually play all that much now.

Transfers are free for a while and there's a Transfer button on the launcher when you login.

Anyway, if anyone else moves to Arkenstone, let me know and I'll invite/promote to officer and we can invite alts, etc.
    sigpic

Re: Server Consolidation

Will have to re-download the client at some point and do this, just in case ever play again!

- Feysteel reverent boots now correctly equip on your feet, not your head.

Comment

Patched up and transferred all chars to Arkenstone. Good thing is they were all still in AN (ranks intact), kept all my original names as well.
      I guess Jeh, you should have transferred Jehira first then the other chars after that was complete.
      Chandria, Woodelf Nightblade (Elder Scrolls Online)
      Outrider of the Illuminati (Secret World Legends)
      Zekhan, Human Minstrel <Arkenstone Server> (The Lord of the Rings Online)

Comment

Edit: I remembered I had an alt on a free account so I boxed that to invite my other chars into the guild.
        Last edited by Jehira; 18-09-2015, 12:25 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

I transferred my chars across today, going to play once a week with ghan. main hammer is level 66 but wanted to try out beorning.

Comment

I was thinking of giving this a shot again but with all the expansions etc needed it seems like it will cost me hundreds to get the client up to date. Does subscribing give access to all the content?
            [SIZE="1"]Steam - stunevol // Blizzard - stunevol#1926

Comment

As a subsciber you still need to buy the expansions. You also gain an allotment of turbine points for each month you sub for, these can be used to purchase xpacks in the ingame store if you so desire.

"The Lord of the Rings Online™: Expansion Quad Pack - Digital Download

Get all four Award-winning The Lord of the Rings Online™ Expansion Packs in a single purchase! Explore Moria, a truly vast underground environment like you’ve never seen before. Join the elves of Lothlórien in war against Sauron among the ancient ruins, spider-haunted canyons, and foul bogs of Mirkwood. Journey eastward toward the tower of Orthanc where an army of Isengard Orcs and Uruk-hai make ready for war. Ride into Combat atop your loyal War-steed as you defend the people of Rohan from the forces of Isengard and Mordor, and join the Rohirrim across the sprawling plains of Eastern Rohan." - $39.99 Turbine Store.
              Chandria, Woodelf Nightblade (Elder Scrolls Online)
              Outrider of the Illuminati (Secret World Legends)
              Zekhan, Human Minstrel <Arkenstone Server> (The Lord of the Rings Online)

Comment

The pricing model turns people off It's a shame because most of the game is pretty good. The run through Rohan can get a bit boring (same thing over and over - do chores for sad people), but there are some very clever things as well. The recent server consolidation to new hardware improved the game performance a lot.

A few of us bought lifetime sub when they had it, and basically we don't pay for expansions or anything.

I still log in every week or so to keep the account refreshed. LoTRO is one of my favourite MMO's so if a few people play then I'll jump in and play in groups or whatever. Have a 95 Minstrel and 80-something Ranger. I finished Rohan but haven't done any of the newer content.
                sigpic

Comment

I've never gotten into this game (tried it briefly when it came out but had something else taking up my time I suppose), a regret since I should have picked up the lifetime sub (like I did with Star Trek Online) and taken it slow so I could pop in now that I'm looking around for something interesting to do etc.

Ah well, too late now
                  Aerthanos
                  Current Status: Bored, waiting for the 'next' MMO
                  (11/11/2000)

Comment

Placing this link here so when I ever go back to play LOTRO. I know what Gambits are.
                    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bevrkvte3k..._12.2.pdf?dl=0

Comment

Working...
                    X