Neverwinter Nights 2 is "out"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neverwinter Nights 2 is "out"...

...in clone format at your friendly channel BT/Usenet provider.

Personally, I'm probably gonna buy this one, however I'll have a play with it first to make sure it's all its cracked up to be. Initial posts on my private tracker suggest ppl are having trouble getting the clone to run, so bring on the Reloaded/Razor version

- Feysteel reverent boots now correctly equip on your feet, not your head.

Re: Neverwinter Nights 2 is "out"...

Originally posted by Devoran View Post
    ...in clone format at your friendly channel BT/Usenet provider.

Personally, I'm probably gonna buy this one, however I'll have a play with it first to make sure it's all its cracked up to be. Initial posts on my private tracker suggest ppl are having trouble getting the clone to run, so bring on the Reloaded/Razor version

Not sure why, but I can't seem to get excited about this one. Would be interested to hear what ya reckon before allocating gig's to it.

YNWA!

Comment

reloaded version is just out, blackcats have it

Comment

Personally, I'd recommend grabbing the clone and then using the reloaded crack for ease of use. NWN is going to be one of those games you'll want to patch (and patch lots) and there won't be any of that going on with Reloaded's version :P

Comment

If you use the clone and a crack by Reloaded, future patches are going to be fucked as well I think Dev.

Comment

Yeah shoulda mentioned to keep the original files before you apply the crack.. then just copy them back to patch and hope another group brings out a new crack! (or use prot stop etc to get the clone to work.)

Comment

I haven't downloaded this yet but I want to try and fit this on a dvd5 or at least spread it over 2 and generally clones don't like that so I'll prolly go for the RELOADED version.

Gamecopyworld usually keep up with patches for games pretty well.

Comment

We tried playing a multiplayer game and ended up giving up after a few hours. Some bugs to work out but more then that it really didn't "feel" good. Was something about the UI and controls that made it feel awkward.

Maybe some of the patches will improve it, but at the moment I have plenty of other games to play so this has pretty much been forgotten.
                Cootric

Comment

i just cant play this game.

tried and tried to like it.

camera angles, navigation, character control and UI are just terrible.
                  Drives me insane just trying to do the simplest of things.

Shame really.
                  What Im playing now

EQ1: Warhaz (Sold)
                  WoW: Gormak (Retired)
                  EQ2: Lascerate (Retired)
                  Rift: Warhaz (Retired)

Comment

After loading the latest 1.03 Public Beta patch, I don't really have an issue with the UI any more and am really enjoying the story and game mechanics themselves.

(the 1.03 patch addresses some framerate issues and also camera control in some of the views.)

I primarily use the driving camera, which makes it feel like WoW, and then use * to switch into the top down camera when in battle. I find that flows quite nicely. I've also remapped I to B and B to P, among a few other things, so my WoW-ingrained keystrokes work within NWN as well.

You can definitely see Obsidian's hand in developing NWN2 - the old zone system of Baldur's Gate etc is back, as is the mechanic of making new zones appear as part of the storyline is revealed etc (BG fanatics will see what I mean when they play.)

In any case, really enjoying it - for you guys that are having troubles, maybe give it a couple more patches and try again. There's a great storyline beneath this one (if you enjoyed the BG storylines, you'll love this.)

Comment

Yeah its a great story line...

***** SPOILER******

until the end :/

Comment

Beta 1.03 patch is available here :> http://nwn2.obsidian.net/support/patch_beta.html
                        DEMYTE

Comment

Not sure if they still have their sale on, but Hardly Normal where having a 50% off all games sale up here in Sunny QLD.
                          Picked up a copy of NWN2 for $45.
                          Might be worth checking into if you dont have the coaster in a box version and actually want to purchase it for some reason!
                          Pixi - Rift - Warrior
                          Trixi (Mk1) - EQ - Mage
                          Trixi - WoW - Mage

Comment

I purchased this one, well worth it - got it from Dungeon Crawl (ebay store) for $62.50 (regular price, love this store.) Didn't know about that Harvey Norman deal.. oh well!

Comment

/sigh

Patched upto beta 1.03, found a bug, reported it, patched back, and it borked its securom install, which is "trickily hidden to stop pirates", uninstall reinstall still borked.... next game :/

Comment

Working...
                              X