• Korthal
    replied
    Re: Still playing RoM?

Frogster. Quality game management!

Leave a comment:

• Shadian
    replied

Yep that sounds right. Also, a lot of those were bugs that'd been submitted up to a year or so before on the US servers. Not only did they not get fixed, but we didn't get acknowledgment of the bug report from the devs either. Or a heads-up of the known bugs beforehand.

Leave a comment:

• Korthal
    replied

You mean the petitions you did submit fell on deaf ears? Misty told me some bug you guys submitted at about 1 week of release still went unfixed by the time she left for bubs?

Leave a comment:

• Shadian
    replied

Hahah yeah I remember that, don't think I was involved myself though. I never really got why there were no spaces, the game just didn't support it and we weren't really able to petition the developers for stuff like that

Leave a comment:

• Rastan
    replied

We had AN in the game. Our original name was Auroranoctum. Jeh pertition for a space, but told. No can do!!.

So they renamed it to just Aurora.

We were one of the first couple of guilds to be formed. (2nd or 3rd)

However EQ2 took most of our time as we were playing that at the time. We tried to play it during non raid nights.
    Hit up a few dungeons we did.

Enjoyed to the 2 sides to the class.

Leave a comment:

• Shadian
    replied

Very true, but hey that's part of the job i guess ^^

Leave a comment:

• Kernos
    replied

Yeah the crap the GM's took over Siege Wars was just ridiculous.

All the GM's I saw tried to make the game a fun friendly environment and sometimes they received unwarranted shit over it.

Leave a comment:

• cadvan
    replied

Aye they tended to help me fix things I had going wrong and they helped me optimise my skill order and stuff rather than fixing things that were broken at the game-end.

Leave a comment:

• Shadian
    replied

The GM's didn't have heaps of power, particularly at the start, to modify or view back-end things. We were all MMO players so we just went with the "treat people how we would want to be treated" in lieu of actual power. It was way more of a customer service role than tech support. Getting players to understand that was really hard though, especially with night after night of demands we fix siege war.

Leave a comment:

• Korthal
    replied

Yeah Shads was one, my girlfriend was one of the others And then one of the others again was one of our good friends :P

Leave a comment:

• cadvan
    replied

The GM's when I was playing (like 2-3 months ago) were incredibly nice. I did chat with a few of them a couple times about a couple issues I had, can't remember who they were though...

Was a good game overall, a bit complicated with gear for my liking, a level 3 running around with better gear than my level 26 knight was annoying, just because I couldn't get my head around how to upgrade armour as well as I should. Also - spending money on gear you think will be an upgrade but it not being I was playing it as an off game though, if I put in the time to actually get to know it then it would be an awesome game to play.

I was Sirlogan and Cadvan in that game I think (stupid not being able to change names, got stuck with a shitty one my family came up with)

Leave a comment:

• Shadian
    replied

Aaah ok. I was asking cos I was a GM on the AU server (I was young and needed the money) and was just wondering if there was anyone here I'd know.. or if my reputation of being an evil bitch had preceded me (only like 50% deserved i swear)

Leave a comment:

• Azarath
    replied

Hahaha suuure for no reason 8^P

We played abit on release of the servers but kinda slowed off before even getting to far into the game... think I stopped in the late 20's.

TBH not sure why I stopped other than other things to do 8^(

Leave a comment:

• Shadian
    started a topic Still playing RoM?

Still playing RoM?

Was just wondering if anyone still plays, or how long you guys played for (on the AU server that is), and what you thought of it?

Just uh.. wondering for no reason..
Working...
X