The Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Return

A few of us are playing VG atm for something a bit different. We have joined the guild Aurora Australis which seems to have a few active members with more returning. Been having fun with it myself and will probably continue for a while anyway (Have a years SOE all access).
    SOE recently did an update, 1st in over a year, and from what I hear it might just get some attention from them, can only hope anyway.
    In case anyone wants to join us, my chars that can invite to AA...
    Main: Zekhan.
    Alts: Akthar, Chandria, Elmin, Nahkez, Tiory.
    Chandria, Woodelf Nightblade (Elder Scrolls Online)
    Outrider of the Illuminati (Secret World Legends)
    Zekhan, Human Minstrel <Arkenstone Server> (The Lord of the Rings Online)

Re: The Return

The bard implementation in VG is pretty good, if anyone's looking for an interesting class.
    TR Tale. Sapper. Orion WoW Morven. Alliance Druid. Proudmoore
    SWG Tale. Doctor Carbineer. Valcyn AO Tale. Solitus Bureaucrat, Rimor
    EQ Grozzer. Troll Warrior. Tribunal EQ Elat. High Elf Enchanter. Tribunal
    SubSpace Tale. Powerball Betas TR VG WoW SWG AO AC SubSpace

Comment

Man i thought this game was dead, have there been any expansions?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lucan View Post
        Man i thought this game was dead, have there been any expansions?
        Wikipedia says: "After a long hiatus, new game content was announced at the end of July 2011. A game update was released on Aug 10, 2011, with another at Aug 24, 2011. This corresponded with a surge of players and the community looked forward to new announced content."

Comment

I returned to this a year or two ago and was amazed at how much polish had been applied, especially in terms of the game engine's performance. Tempting to take another look.. only $10 on Steam too.

- Feysteel reverent boots now correctly equip on your feet, not your head.

Comment

it's actually a very nice game, as long as they can get some developer love into it, it can continue to thrive.

Comment

I paid for a month's station pass as I'm currently crook with nothing better to do. New hardware runs VG pretty well, but you can still lag it by switching on the options. Four years old, so while it still looks good, it's visibly aging. It feels like there is some input lag too, maybe something at my end?

Its good points remain. Vanguard is the real sequel to EverQuest (made by the people who made EQ). It's high fantasy, not cartoony, challenging and complex. The world is frigging enormous. There are 19 races and 15 classes! The combat system is interesting. There are odd ideas that never quite worked, like diplomacy, but they seem complete systems.

I did a population check using "/who all classname" and there were about 30 of each at 3:30pm AEST on a Sunday (12:30am US EST), so that's about 500 people plus likely a few hundred more anonymous. Let's say 800?

Definitely would need a group/guild of people playing together, not a solo effort.

P.S. SOE station pass seems so insignificant now. All they really have is a few old MMOs, new free games and some minor crap. SWG doesn't shut down till December, but they've removed all mention of it.

Comment

Going to give the 14 day free tria la shot, in case I like it.

What server are you guys on? and are shamans decent soloers in this game?

Thanks

FFXIV : Kernos - Scholar
                EQ : Cernos (Sikkem)- Beastlord
                GW2 : Kernos - Ranger
                Rift : Kernos - Rogue

Comment

There are only 2 servers, US and EU servers. We're on Telon, the US server. Haven't played a shaman much but from what I seen they do quite ok. Note however, VG is a fairly group orientated game.
                  Chandria, Woodelf Nightblade (Elder Scrolls Online)
                  Outrider of the Illuminati (Secret World Legends)
                  Zekhan, Human Minstrel <Arkenstone Server> (The Lord of the Rings Online)

Comment

ahh okay thanks

just got in the trial starting area and did a who. my list was cut short at 40 people.
                    Last edited by Kernos; 10-10-2011, 08:46 AM.

FFXIV : Kernos - Scholar
                    EQ : Cernos (Sikkem)- Beastlord
                    GW2 : Kernos - Ranger
                    Rift : Kernos - Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Kernos View Post
                      just got in the trial starting area and did a who. my list was cut short at 40 people.
                      For some reason they like to limit it to 40 results. Try these, etc:
                      /who sorcerer
                      /who rogue
                      Multiply by 15 classes

Comment

Working...
                      X